Saturday, September 20, 2008

The ends and outs of a small business in a bad market year

This is our first year for doing Building New Worlds and I had my fears about starting a business in a year that did not start out good for the stock market but, I am not as worried as I was now that we have it going. What can you do? You either go with your dream or sit on it until you are too old to so anything about it. I chose to go with it.
This year has been slow so far and I have a lot of people who have had a longer run that I have that are doing better than I am but I am not down and out yet! My 2009 plan is already running in my mind and even if it might seem crazy to some I am going to move forward to the next level and go into the next year knowing that as long as I an kicking there is a chance that BNW will always have a breath too.
Over the winter time I am going to start laying the plan on paper and see just what it will take to get us going for the next year. I am eye balling Google Ads really hard and hoping that this will be a part of the next year. I am also hoping to get a shopping cart for the site next year so that I can take it right on to the next level that way also and save my custerms time with that.
One of the other projects I have in the works is a news letter that I am going to be working on that will go hand in hand with the Blog, Network, store and so on to keep members and custerms informed about what we are doing and when changes happen. All on all 2009 will be another busy year for me and this one is not over yet by no means. This Halloween season is just started and I am waiting to see how it goes though not as fearful as I once was.

No comments: